Welcome! I am Nacera Bendelhoum, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #51835 and founder of SHIFT. I have a Master of Science in clinical psychology. I have worked in community mental health since 2008 providing therapy to adults, children, couples, families, and groups. I provide clinical supervision to associate therapists on their journey to licensure and various seminars and workshops to the general community
I am trained and certified in many evidence based therapy models which I use to enrich the services I provide. My therapeutic approach involves:
- Processing emotions and learning healthy ways to regulate discomfort.
- Understanding and growing how you relate to yourself and others.
- Processing traumatic experiences that cause distress and impact functioning/growth.
- Identifying areas where you feel stuck then changing thought patterns and unhelpful beliefs that contribute.
- Learning and practicing new skills related to meeting your goals.
I am inspired by the Quranic verse: “God does not change the condition of a people unless they change what is in themselves” (Quran 13:11). I am passionate about normalizing the need for mental health education/services for all. I envision a vibrant community where we treat wounds, difficulties and discord with the same care and attention we treat physical challenges in our lives. Join me in creating a SHIFT!
Emotion Focused Individual Therapy
Internal Family Systems Therapy
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
TEAM Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Nutrition and Integrative Medicine for Mental Health
Prepare Enrich Couples and Premarital Counseling Facilitator
Parent Child Interaction Therapy
Positive Parenting Program
Reflective Parenting Program
Incredible Years Parenting Program